Sunday, December 7, 2008

Epic Metal

I really enjoy the epicness of Power Metal, if you do not know what power metal is allow me to explain, power metal is a subgenre of metal which uses elements of thrash metal and orchestra accompanied by fast guitars, and usually high-pitch vocals reminiscent of Ronnie James Dio (Black Sabbath, Rainbow, Elf, Dio) or Rob Halford (Judas Priest, Halford, 2wo) and usually incorprates lyrics about dragons, vikings, battles, Arthurian legend, Lord of the Rings and other things relating to high fantasy, I enjoy it because it lays out a landsacpe of epic adventure and allows me to use my imagination. Anyway here are some of the more popular power metal bands for you to listen to.

Artist I recommend: Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Nightwish, Iron Maiden, Edguy, Manowar, Kamelot, Primal Fear, Dio, Hammerfall


No comments: